ij.start.canon I Canon Printer Setup I Canon Driver
Canon comes under the best company that manufactures many devices such as cameras, LCDs, Printers, etc.
In this article, we are going to cover the topic of the Canon printer. Instead of being the old device, the printer is still a very useful thing to print any documents while at home, office, or anywhere. Nowadays many people make the best use of it for school, colleges, office works, etc. There are many brands for printers, but most of the time people choose Canon printer compared to others. It is a very well-known brand for its good quality printing.
Canon Printer setup with wireless
It is easy to set up the Canon printer wirelessly. If you want to use the Canon printer wirelessly, then you need to connect the computer and Canon printer through wireless networks i.e. Wi-Fi. Once you connect with each other you will be able to print the document anywhere with a single click. You have to just select the file that you want and print it.
Before you ask about how to set up the printer on your computer, you need to download Canon Print App on your computer.
Methods to connect Printer via Wi-Fi
We are listing two different methods that are WPS and the standard method. If you are the user, and looking for a Canon printer setup, then you can use any of this method to connect. First of all, make sure the printer is capable of connecting to the Internet.
WPS method is common for Windows and Mac devices. Below are the steps to connect your printer to WiFi.
Plugin your canon printer and keep the Wi-fi router beside it so that the WPS button could easily reach.
Press and hold the Wi-Fi button in your Canon printer until the light it flashes on.
Wait for a minute and press the WPS button that is on the router.
When you search for a network, the blue light will flash. Then connect your network.
After connecting, check the connection by printing any document. So that you will get to know whether the connection is proper or not.
Once insert the paper, and check the printer if it is working properly.
Standard connection method
Some router doesn’t have the WPS feature to connect the printer, so at that time, you have to try this method. Below are the methods which you have to follow.
Canon Printer setup in Windows
Canon Printer setup in Mac
- First of all, connect your computer with printer to network settings.
- Fill the printer tray with papers.
- Hold the cancel or resume button on the printer for some time.
- In the printout, once check the connection status.
- Look for the network name as well.
- Make sure you plug in your printer and properly connected. If you are connecting it with wire, then ethernet cable is required.
- Ensure you installed the needed drivers to setup.
- Check the internet speed, once you connect it.
- At the time of the Wi-fi router, you have to connect to the same router.
Canon Printer Setup in Windows
- Go to the Start button, and open the Settings window.
- Click on the Devices option in the window.
- Locate the Printers and Devices option and click on it.
- Click on Add printer, and it add your printer.
- Connect to the same network in which the printer connected.
Finally, you have finished the above steps to set up your printer. Now you can use the printer from Windows to print any documents easily.
Canon Printer Setup in Mac
- Firstly, select system preference and click on Printer and scanners.
- Select + symbol will add your printer.
- From the list, choose your printer and add it.
- When you have a router, you have to connect the Mac and printer in the same network.
- To check the connection, test one print.
Steps to connect the printer using ij.start.canon
First of all, make sure you have a modem and router how to connect the printer wirelessly via ij.start.canon. And also make sure the connection is properly working. Below are steps that you have to follow to connect the printer easily.
- User should insert the CD if he/she got from the printer set. If you are not having it then you can directly download the software and follow the printer that you have.
- After that, the screen will appear in which you have to click on the Next button. If you are using a Mac then you need to enter the password so that the helper tool gets installed. Then again you have to click on the Next button.
- Then the screen will show that whether you want to proceed with a USB or wireless connection.
- Then you have to click on the wireless connection button.
- Now make sure your printer is on with the flashing power lamp and then follow the further steps.
- Then you have to connect to the network.
- After you have to select “cableless setup” from the screen. If you are a Windows user it won’t show “cable-less setup”. Instead of that, you can see the “other setup” option. The next step for the windows user is to select “wireless setup using the USB cable”.
- You will see the “connection via cableless setup” option and you have to move to the printer’s Wi-Fi option. Hold it for the seconds until the orange light flashes twice and then release it.
- Also, make sure the blue-colored in the Wi-Fi portion flashes and simultaneously the green color as well. Then jump to the next button.
- Note: When you do this your network connection will be disabled for some time. Click on the Next button.
- On the next screen, you have to select your region and your place. Then click on the Next button.
- After that, proceed to the software that you want to install in your device. You can uninstall it whenever you want in the future.
- On the next screen, you have to click on the yes button to make sure you have agreed to the end-user license agreement.
- The next screen will show the printer model and the wireless network name.
- Finally, tap on the complete button to end the process.
Canon Printer troubleshooting
There are many different brands which manufacture printing device with multiple features. It is more in use, it causes many problems. But for multiple problems, there is a common solution that works is the troubleshooting process. Let’s discuss below how to troubleshoot the Canon printer problems
STEP 1 :-
- First of all, check the Canon printer’s light whether it is flashing. Then look at your manual if there is any error showing.
STEP 2 :-
- Firstly check the power cord whether it is properly connected to the wall socket. After that check the USB cable if it is properly connected to your computer. Look inside the printer if there is any paper got stuck in the paper tray.
STEP 3 :-
- Once restart your computer and then try again to print a new document. Sometimes the computer fails to recognize your printer because of a software error.
STEP 4 :-
- Go to your computer and click on the start button. Then search for the control panel and open it.
- Now click on “Printers and faxes” option.
- If the Canon printer is not showing in the list then you have to click on “Add printer” on the top.
- Then follow the instructions and the computer will test and try to detect your printer.
STEP 5 :-
- Try to uninstall the Canon printer software and head to the web browser. Go to the official website of the Canon printer and download the updated version of the software driver. Now install it and check.
STEP 6 :-
- Click on the canon printer software and open it.
- Select the “Properties” tab or “Options” tab.
- Tap on “test alignment” or “clean print heads” whichever shows in your software.
- Let the printer finish it and then print one test page.
So these are the steps to troubleshoot the printer which helps any problem to get resolved. I hope you found this article very helpful
Install Canon Driver
If the driver was not installed correctly, uninstall the printer driver, restart your computer, then reinstall the driver.
Canon Not Responding
unplug the power cable from both printer and router. After waiting for 5 minutes, again plug in the cable and press the power button.
On Call 24/7
Feel Free To Get Queries To US.
Or call — XXXXXXXXXX